Faculty and Staff Gator 1 Card Requests
In line with the University of Florida's sustainability initiative to reduce paper, the Gator 1 ID Card office implemented an online system to request Faculty, Staff and Student/Staff ID Cards. All departments need to establish an account for an administrator to authorize employees to obtain new or replacement Gator 1 cards.
The cost of the card is $15.
- To set up an account, send an email to
with the following information:
- Complete Chart Field
- PO Box number
- Telephone Number
- Name and UF ID of the department contact
- Name and UF ID of additional authorizers
- Departments will be able to view their monthly invoices online.
- To authorize a new or replacement card for an employee:
- Department authorizers will logon to myUFL > Quick Links > Gator 1 Central and select the "ID Card Authorization" link from the pull down box on the top of the page;
- The authorizer will enter the employee's UFID and any additional information needed on the card as follows;
- Title: Faculty, Staff, Student/Staff (Graduate Assistant)
- Department/College: Name of the department/college
- Credentials: Dr., Ph.D. DVM, EdD.
- Select the payment option: Either the appropriate Chart Field or "employee pays".
- Department authorizers should notify the employee (Graduate Assistant) when the authorization has been submitted.
- To obtain a new or replacement ID Card:
- The employee needs to bring a photo ID (eg, driver's license or passport) to the Gator 1 ID Card office.
- Employee needs to be sure to inform the ID Card staff of an existing authorization. Without an authorization submission, the student/staff employee will receive a Student ID Card.
- Departments will be charged, or employee must pay, $15.00 for ID Cards as authorized on step 2 above. Employee may pay for new or replacement card with cash, check, debit card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card.
This online system will expedite the processing of faculty and staff Gator 1 ID cards and provide departments more control over authorizations and payments. To offer added convenience to our customers, the Gator 1 Card office located at the UF Bookstore & Welcome Center has expanded its hours of operation. The office is open Monday-Friday from 8AM-6PM.
For additional information, please email email@example.com